Legume and Herb Rich Swards GS4
Use this mixture for Legume and Herb-Rich Swards (GS4), to establish a mixed sward of grasses, legumes and herbs and wildflowers.
- A vigorous sward with abundant legumes and herbs, suitable for productive cattle and sheep
- Provides habitat and food for invertebrates and crop pollinators
- Improves soil structure and water infiltration.
- Suitable for Countryside Stewardship (CSS): GS1 GS4 GS8 GS14 SW1 SW2 SW3 SW4 SW7 SW8 WT1 WT2
- Contains: 15% Perennial ryegrass (late), 13% Meadow fescue, 10% Timothy, 5% Smooth-stalked meadow grass, 37% Strong Creeping red fescue, 10% Red clover, 2% Alsike , 0.5% Sheep's parsley, 1.5% Bird's foot trefoil, 5% Sainfoin, 0.5% Sheep's burnet, 0.25% Ribwort plantain, 0.25% Yarrow
- Sowing rate: 20kg/ha. Pack size: 20kg
Use this mixture for wildflower meadows, to provide rich habitat for butterflies, insects, birds & small mammals. Enhance mixture to comply with Flower-Rich Margins and Plots (AB8).
- An extended number of species of grass, legumes and wildflowers
- Can be sown on its own or with other wildflower mixtures
- Suitable for Countryside Stewardship AB8 GS4 GS8 GS14 SW1 SW2 SW3 SW4 SW7 SW8 WT1 WT2
Contains: 10% Hard fescue, 10% Slender Creeping red fescue, 15% Timothy, 10% Chewing's fescue, 20% Strong Creeping red fescue, 6% Smooth-stalked meadow grass, 4% Sheeps fescue, 1% Tall oatgrass, 1% Meadow foxtail, 10% Red clover, 2% Alsike clover, 1% Ribwort plantain, 2% Bird's foot trefoil, 2% Sainfoin, 1% Yarrow, 1% Self Heal, 1% Ox-eye daisy, 1% Lady's bedstraw, 1% Common Knapweed, 1% Wild carrot
- Previously known as BSWF10
- Sowing rate: 20kg/ha.