Brown Mustard (Brassica juncea), a 'hot mustard' that can be used as a biofumigant, 'N' catcher, green manure and cover crop. Can be sown from April to September, the green manure crop would be available in 50 to 70 days from sowing, is also Winter hardy.
SCALA is the choice brown mustard for a frost tolerant cover crop to suppress weeds, pump water and improve soil structure.
- Strong early vigour and medium maturity
- Distinguished by its superior autumn growth and winter hardiness
- Strong root development to pump water and improve the soil
- Active against PCN, Pythium, Rhizoctonia and Verticillium in biofumigation
- Sowing rate: 5kg / ha
Very popular for use in potato rotations to control soil borne pests and can be incorporated into moist soil to maximise biofumigation.
- Green manure crop with biofumigant properties
- Winter-hardy, easy to establish, cost effective
- Reduces wireworm and PCN populations and their effect on potatoes
- Suppresses Verticillium wilt and Sclerotinia in potato production
- Sowing Rate: 5kg / ha
- VITTASSO Brown Mustard Brochure