Mustard Seed - Game Cover
Mustard seed is one of the most widely used game cover crops. Mustard seed can be sown in the summer and will provide fast growing cover for game birds.
Buy online, apply for a trade account (we review all applications within one working day) or get in touch to place an order through your buying group.
Sort by ×
Wildflower Bulbs 'In The Green' Bulk Buy Flower Bulbs Allium Bulbs Anemone Bulbs Bluebell Bulbs Camassia Bulbs Chionodoxa Bulbs Crocus Bulbs Cyclamen Bulbs Daffodil Bulbs Dwarf Daffodil & Narcissi Bulbs Erythronium Bulbs Flower Bulb Collections Freesia Bulbs Fritillaria Bulbs Gladioli Bulbs Hyacinth Bulbs Ipheion Bulbs Iris Bulbs Muscari Bulbs Puschkinia Bulbs Scilla Bulbs Snowdrop Bulbs Triteleia Bulbs Tulip Bulbs - All Tulip Bulbs - Darwin & Triumph Tulip Bulbs - Single Tulip Bulbs - Lily & Dwarf Tulip Bulbs - Double Tulip Bulbs - Speciality Wildflower Bulbs (Autumn Planted) Bulb Planting Essentials
Fertiliser, Weedkiller & Moss
All Countryside Stewardship Seed Mixes Wild Bird Seed Mixtures AB9 Beetle Banks AB3 Two Year Sown Legume Fallow AB15 Buffer Strips SW codes Flower Rich Margins & Plots AB8 Legume and Herb Rich Swards GS4 Species Rich Grassland GS8 Nectar Flower Mixtures AB1 Autumn Sown Bumble Bird Mix AB16 Supplementary Winter Feeding AB12
VITTASSO Brown Mustard Seed - Game Cover
Vittasso Brown Mustard is a highly versatile game cover crop - easy to establish, quick growing and winter hardy.
- Sow from late July onwards to produce a dense, leafy canopy.
- Winter-hardy, easy to establish, cost-effective.
- Can be sown as a rescue crop for failed spring sowings.
- Can grow up to 1.5 metres dependent on sowing period.
- Sowing rate: 2kg per acre (5kg per ha).
White Mustard Seed - Game Cover
White mustard is an ever popular choice for game cover. Very easy to establish and grows rapidly, providing cover until the first winter frosts.
- Can be sown alone or as a companion to other species
- Ideal for early cover, killed off by frost will create shelter for birds
- Quick growing - ideal for patching failed spring cover crops
- Also opular as a green manure crop
- Suitable for Countryside Stewardship (CSS): AB2
- Sowing rate: 15kg / ha
Carbon Kale and Mustard Hybrid Seed
New and unique game cover crop which combines the excellent cover of kale with the easy and rapid establishment of mustard.
- Produces amazing cover in a short period of time
- Excellent frost tolerant cover by November
- Can be used for new sowing or for patching failed crops
- Best sown in June or July.
- Sowing rate: 2kg per acre. Pack size: 2kg
Buy With Confidence
About Us Boston Seeds is an independent seed merchant founded in 2002 by Andrew Wallis, after 25 years working for some of Europe’s leading seed houses. Find out more about Boston Seeds.
Quality Here at Boston Seeds, we take quality seriously, and genuinely want every one of our customers to be delighted with their purchase and results. Learn more about our quality assurance.
Delivery We are proud to offer a wide range of products on a next day delivery service across most of the UK, from just a few grams to hundreds of kilograms.