Grass Cover Crops
An economic way to build soil, annual ryegrass is a quick growing, non-spreading grass which performs well in almost every soil type and situation. Grasses are also ideal for overseeding into high value crops to help reduce soil splash, decrease disease spread and improve the quality of forage. Grass also works well as a nutrient catch crop by efficiently captures and stores nitrogen.
- Annual form of ryegrass
- Produces large amounts of biomass in short space of time
- Suitable for silage, hay production, grazing and green manure
- Can be sown from spring through to autumn
- Sowing rate: 15kg per acre.
- Blend of three Italian Ryegrass varieties
- Includes two diploid and one tetraploid variety
- Up to two years of intensive cutting and high yields
- Responds very quickly to application of fertiliser
- Suitable for spring or autumn sowing, ideal for anearobic digestion
- Versatile short term mixture
- Sowing rate: 15kg per acre
Cocksfoot is a perennial grass which forms large tufts if it is left to grow tall. Often used for undersowing into winter wheat.
- Used as an under-sown species at very low seed rates into winter wheat
- It acts as an excellent soil improver on soils prone to summer drought
- Long lasting, often included in permanent pastures or meadow mixtures
- Deep root development improves soil structure and composition
- Sowing rate: 12kg / ha