Perennial Game Cover Crops
Perennial game cover seed crops can provide a long term solution for areas where annual drilling can be problematic. Perennial seeds such as Chicory and Canary Grass are popular for many game shoots due to the dense cover they provide.
Springer game cover seed mixture is ideal for areas which are difficult to sow on an annual basis. A blend of Perennial Chicory and Triticale.
- Triticale provides feed for the first year, Perennial Chicory gives permanent cover.
- Chicory is drought tolerant and will grow to a height of up to 1.5m.
- Triticale is resistant to damage from rabbits.
- Contains: Perennial Chicory and Triticale.
- Sowing rate: 40kg per hectare. Pack size: 20kg.
Reed Canary Grass (Phalaris arundinacea) is similar to Canary Grass (Aquatica) however it is much hardier.
- A perennial species which can last for 10 years
- Suitable for exposed northern sites - good frost and winter hardiness
- Strong stems and thick leaves provide reliable cover for ground-nesting birds
- Similar to conventional canary grass with improved hardiness
- Inoculated with rhizobia
- Sowing rate: 2.5kg per acre Pack Size: 2.5kg
Canary Grass (Phalaris aquatica) gives excellent long term nesting cover for partridges and pheasants.
- A perennial species which can last for 10 years.
- Perfect for poor quality sites where annual sowing is difficult or impractical.
- Can grow to 60cm in first year and over 150cm in following years.
- Requires sowing in wide rows to prevent it from becoming to thick
- Sowing rate: 2.5 kg/acre Pack Size: 2.5kg.