Sunflower Seed - Game Cover
Sunflowers are one of the most popular game cover seed crops due to their ability to hold birds and provide a desirable supply of nutritious seeds. Sunflowers are most often sown in conjunction with other game cover seed crops, such as Maize or Kale. Sunflowers seeds are available as two types, standard and dwarf.
Dwarf sunflowers are a shorter stemmed hybrid variety which provide better standing ability over conventional varieties.
- A stiff stemmed, shorter hybrid variety
- An effective feed crop for shoots in the southern half of the UK
- May require 'swiping' down to allow game birds to access the seeds
- Frequently sown as part of a game mix or with kale
- Sowing rate: 5kg acre. Pack size: 5kg
Sunflowers are another great option when it comes to cover crops, whether used straight or in a mixture to produce combined benefits.
- Standard tall variety.
- Excellent nectar rich flowers provide food for pollinators.
- Dead flower heads provide an ideal overwintering habitat for pollinators.
- Frequently sown as part of a game cover mixture or with Kale.
- Sowing rate: 5kg per acre. Pack size: 10kg.